I'd go with a weight forward taper, 7 weight, floating line, often referred to as a 7 WF-F.

Although I haven't used them, I've heard very good things about the Hook and Hackle House brand fly lines. Hook and Hackle is a sponsor of FAOL so it's a win win:
http://shop4.mailordercentral.com/ho...number=HHFWF7F

The aftma stands for American Fishing Tackle Manufacturer's Association. They use a standard system for weighting the first 30 feet of fly lines, so that you can compare apples to apples when shopping for fly lines for different rods designed to cast specific "weight" fly lines.

As far as the weight goes, i think a 7 weight might be a bit easier to cast with your rod than a 6 if you're new to fly fishing, and the weight forward taper will let you throw wind resistant flies like poppers and stuff for bass a tad easier than a double taper. A floating line is the most versatile for most types of fishing- you can use it with poppers and dry flies on the surface, as well as flies that sink a bit like streamers and nymphs, and heavily weighted stuff like clouser minnows if you need to get a bit deeper. Down the road, if you find you need to get deeper you can add a sinking line or sink tip line, or a much cheaper alternative is a 5 or 10' sinking poly leader that you can attach to the front of your floating line. But you'll get the most use out of a floating line for most situations.

Good luck.

mark