Quote Originally Posted by Martin McFly View Post
What I didn't mean to do was to offend anybody by posting my opinion and I really don't think anybody else meant to do that on purpose either.
I don't think anybody did either, I know I didn't. You asked, Mr. Gemrod, if backing could be taped to the Arbor. Sure it can but a person can't help but wonder why somebody would need to tape backing to the arbor. A logical assumption would be that the person either didn't like tying knots or didn't know how to tie a arbor knot. I honestly thought that A) the post was a joke. or B) that you had had a few afternoon cocktails

Later you explained that you had totally spaced that the tippet would break long before 20/30lb backing would break so taping the backing to the arbor was a moot point. And that's fine we all have brain farts now and then but it's perfectly understandable that a person who hadn't forgotten that tipping is the weakest link would assume that you either didn't want to tie the arbor knot or didn't know how. At least that's how I saw it. But then again I've been wrong before.