+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE POACHER - Dave Micus - September 14, 2009

Thumbs up Great read

I know you must be enjoying yourself with the many new adventures in a pristine area. Thanks for the read and yes it had me sitting on the edge of my chair.

Thanks Dave

pfr
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Dave

Excellent!!!!!! Can't wait for the next part!!!!

Fatman

............meet me at Abraham's Grill on Kabasakai Cd.. We need to talk camelback rates across the Gobi.
    I can get a good deal from Abu. We'll Honda 50 to the Imperial City from the drop off in central Mongolia. Joe Long will handle our equipment in Beijing. Tie plenty of Dragon Flies, Sz. 8.. The Koi love 'um at the bridge hole in the Imperial Garden.
    Don't forget your black P.J.'s and the infrared for the camera.We'll post some pic's to the warm water forum.
    Conclave on the 22nd. at base camp 3, Everest. O2 supplied by guide, at the tent. Let's give 'm some stories.
    BTW, don't worry about beheading. I hear it doesn't hurt. You got the B's?

P.S. What's up with Saudi Arabia? Why not come clean and let everybody know it,s Hoboken, NJ.
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Cold Guest

@hairwing: Nice. I was waiting for an obligatory "Forbidden City" line the whole time.

Default Poaching Story, gave me the Willies!

Dave: I had 27 years in the military, and I was a Platoon Sergeant of a Reconnaissance Platoon. We were good, but there where units on the base that made us seem like rank armatures. We called them "Spooks", not to be be confused with the "Ghosts"!

I hope your story was a "Tall Tale, but your article caused me a lot of apprehension! No fish is worth, all what you stated in your article.

No matter how sneaky you think you are, there are others who are invisible, with the new "Stealth" technology being applied to the ground troops! ~Parnelli

Nice story Dave and pretty well written. You've hooked the readers at FAOL, myself included. If I were you and intended on continuing the tale I would use what was submitted here as chapter one, write the rest of the story and then start shopping for an agent or publisher. The main character Ben is quite conflicted, which always makes for a tense read. Just my thoughts. Good job.
    Last edited by bruak; 09-16-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Good. Very Good. Most Excellent...! The best short story I have read in a long time.

Reminds me of Connell's "Most Dangerous Game". Well writ Dave.

Mark

Default The Poacher

Got a real kick out of this article. Thompson brings to mind Hunter S.
    Eric

That was just the kind of article I needed. What a hoot. Keep em' coming Dave.
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread