Philipsburg is a mile-high town in an area with beautiful lakes, streams and mountains nearby. Mining and ranching are its heritage with the town going through a renaissance of sorts. It's west of Butte & Anaconda, so chilly winters are the norm. There are places colder in Montana. Ice fishing is a normal winter thing. I don't know if I would call the summers short, but defintely shorter than Arizona or Texas. Long daylight hours make up for the short days of winter. Hunting of every sort there.

Not a whole lot of diversity. I guess you could say the same for most of Montana. The town is small by most standards, but not Montana standards (about 1000 people). The school system is small (Class C for sports), meaning a small elementary school with probably one classroom per grade level and a combination jr high/ high school. Town pride in the high school sports is big time.

Moving to a small Montana town myself from a big city was different for me. The people are warm and friendly and want newcomers to get invloved. It took me a while to get used to people knowing your business and losing my anonymity.