+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C&F vice

Hybrid View

Default C&F

I am talking about the seffsontained kit, retails~650. The only thing that took getting used too was not having my bases from my Renzetti Masters and travelerw which were made from me. Too me, just a beautifullly designed tool. Impecable desighn. Still buy it again. Hope this helps.

Vdub

X-Caddis were you talking about this unit: http://www.candfdesign.com/product/1...y_Tying_System

The Reference vise is a real bargin here's the price breakdown
    Contents:
    * Reference vise $50
    * Bobbin hanger $50
    * Centering shaft $49
    * Link arm $50
    * Magnetic dust pocket $100
    * Magnetic jaw $100
    * Material clip $50
    * Rotary jaw $100
    * Parachute tool $100
    * Sight plate $100
    * Temporary hanger Free
    So the vise itself is only $50 and you get the temporary hanger thrown in for free this makes the total only $750 - what a deal. Sorry, couldn't help myself at this terrible attempt at a joke.
    Last edited by Clay; 08-17-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Question Magnetic Dust Pocket?

OK I refrained from commenting on this before, didn't want to hijack, but what is a magnetic dust pocket, I feel so bad that my regal doesn't have one, do I have to buy the Magnetic dust separately or do I go out and file some of my own. I didn't know that such a thing existed and now that I know that they do How will I ever live with out one.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
    OK I refrained from commenting on this before, didn't want to hijack, but what is a magnetic dust pocket, I feel so bad that my regal doesn't have one, do I have to buy the Magnetic dust separately or do I go out and file some of my own. I didn't know that such a thing existed and now that I know that they do How will I ever live with out one.

Eric
    It is a magnetically attached waste basket - I think. They actually look nice. Easy to dump the waste contents without removing screws of undoing anything. In all seriousness the C&F product is nice product, the pricing is crazy. If I could buy one at a competitive price I would consider it, but at this price point no wonder they are selling off to Scientific Anglers - at least they sold their fly boxes to them - not sure on the vise or tools. By the way, I do have 3 of their boxes and think that the boxes are high priced but worth it.

I just look at a Dyna King Baracuda for $350 and then the C&F reference vise for twice that and don't see the value. To each their own.

+ Reply to Thread