Quote Originally Posted by Icemanxxxv View Post
My question is what should a guy have for basic tools is ther anything else I could use?
How do I never stumble onto deals like this? lol

I just started out myself and you've got all the tools I picked as my "starter set". The only thing I can expand on is the "scissors". I have three pairs on my desk and I wouldn't give up any of them.

I have a pair of big kitchen scissors I don't really care about that I use to cut wire and other such things that could wreck a nice pair very quickly. I think these were two bucks at Wallyworld.

Then there's the pair of "general purpose" scissors made for tying. Small, sturdy, very sharp with blades about an inch and a half long. I use these for pretty much everything from cutting the thread to deer hair.

Finally, I have my micro-tips. Same style as the general purpose scissors, but the blades on these guys are tiny and insanely sharp. I use these when there's a single stray hackle fiber I need to get rid of, or there's delicate surgery to be performed on a fly in order to save it from the trash ("How the heck did that clump of hair get there? What is it doing!?!").