Dblackman, as you are starting to see, you'll get a bit of variety in opinions here. I used this board a lot for advice when I was getting started and I learned to listen to all opinions, then look for either consensus or majority. Just recognize that everybody is doing their best to help.

I've owned 4 sets of wading boots to date. They have varied in their sizing.

I fish year round. In the warm months I mostly wet wade, with just 1-2 pairs of heavy socks to fill out the boots. The fit doesn't bother me much then unless I am hiking a long way in or out, in which case I want the boots to fit like my shoes, snug but not too loose or tight. For shorter hikes, wearing 1 pair of heavy synthetic socks and lacing up as tightly as I can works best.

In the winter, I wear a pair of silk socks covered by heavier wool or synthetic socks.

I researched all of the boot brands I've owned online before buying. Going to a local fly shop to try them on would be even better, but my feet are so big that few shops carry them without a special order. I've found that two of the brands I owned worked best when I ordered my normal show size and two worked best if I went up a size to accommodate the wader bootie.

If you can't find a reco on same or one size up size reco on the manufacturer's website, I guess it is best to go up one size. Bulking up with an extra pair of socks beats removing your longer toes.