I've had beaver jump off the river bank into the water after dark, while I was wading/fishing... Scared the heck outta me! It was too dark to see, and I had visions in my mind of it being a big croc or something (even though I knew better). Also had one swim out to the middle of a large reservoir where I was fishing in my boat, and it made a complete circle around my boat, then went on its way.

A few nights ago, I was fishing from shore, and stayed much too long. Had my prescription sunglasses on, and it was completely dark as I was walking back to my car. Thought I saw some odd shadows about 30 feet away from me, so tilted up my sunglasses, and a pair of whitetail deer were just standing there watching me. They had to have watched me walk towards them for 100 yards in the open, and they were downwind of me too. How bizarre?

Another time while wading the river in the evening, I had 3 wild turkeys, one at a time, fly through the opening in the trees to my right, fly about 7' above my head, and then landed in a big oak tree on the far side of the river to roost for the night. Magical moments.