+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buzz and Betty On Henry's Lake, Idaho

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by st.croixguy View Post
    My way doesn't involve killing fish.

SCG
    i might delicately suggest, st. croixguy, that perhaps you are making assumptions about those fish, and the fisherman without knowing anything about either. I might even make an assumption of my own, while we're at it.
    That the people you are directing your comments too care alot about this lake, and its fish. I don't know them at all, but I'll stand by my assumption,anyways.

ed

Thanks, HLF. Assumptions get us all in a lot of trouble. Too bad that some folks feel their way is the only way and then attack others for not holding the same views. I happen to know that only one fish was kept during the time I reported on my friends success on Henry's Lake. If this is wrong, then I submit that it's only wrong to some and not all. I read a recent article on FAOL concerning a 100+ panfish day and how those fish were harvested, yet no negative vibes concerning that action. I pride myself on my catch-and-release ethic, nevertheless I also recognize that taking a fish now and then can be good for the water. Many catch-and-release advocates are now promoting a vigorous campaign to harvest rainbow trout out of the Snake River fishery here in Idaho as a means of rescuing the native Cutthroat population. Many guides and activists alike are on board with this. For us, as a fly fishing culture and community to decide how we should parctice our beliefs is the very thing that will bring us all down.
    But, I guess, this is just my opinion too. What I feel badly about is that someone decided to ruin the beauty of this thread and it's participants with such an attack. My friend Buzz also promotes catch-and-release, but believes in moderation in all things and to be wise stewards means to be smart stewards.
    If someone wants to continue this discussion take it to another forum and leave this report alone.

Thanks,

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread