+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pontoon boat air pump

Lightbulb

The same Coleman pump also comes in a rechargeable model.

As for hand pumping, ... if your 'toon has Halkey Roberts type valves, lock them in the DEFLATE position to get 90% of the air in, then pop the valve to INFLATE and top them off. That way, you're not pumping against the spring loaded valve stopper.
    Christopher Chin

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fcch View Post
    The same Coleman pump also comes in a rechargeable model.

As for hand pumping, ... if your 'toon has Halkey Roberts type valves, lock them in the DEFLATE position to get 90% of the air in, then pop the valve to INFLATE and top them off. That way, you're not pumping against the spring loaded valve stopper.
    why not leave the valve in the same position for both filling and topping off??

i inflated my toon with the valve in ONE position with my hand pump.

just going by what the toon manual says
    Last edited by Normand; 07-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Thank you sir. I've got battery powered inflators that can be recharged or run off of the cigarette lighter socket but they are fairly pedestrian in pace of inflation and require quite a lot of top off due to not beign able to push much pressure, probably 1.5 or so PSI when both of my inflatable craft are designed to run around 2.5 PSI. So far the LVM at about $150 versus my K-100 or K-200 versus my slow airmattress pump makes the K pumps the best way to go...but I'm admittedly lazy. Thanks again.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

About 10 years ago I bought a Campbell Hausfield 12 volt tire inflater that had a little red blower with it. The inflater quit working long ago but the lil red job keeps on ticking. I use it for air mattress, pontoon bladders and float tubes. Air'em up with the blower and top them off either by mouth or with a hand pump. My buddy uses a Coleman rechargable cordless blower but it weighs a ton and is hard to use compared to the small cigarette lighter ones. Upside is it's portable and self contained.
    I do keep the patch kit and hand pump on the toon for emergencies. My penny's worth. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Normand Guest

tooners

here is the rule industries pump looks just like the lvm only 1/2+ the price

i bought this on sunday afternoon and received on tuesday afternoon

i highly recommend Capt Garys if you want to buy one

http://www.captaingarys.com/product_...ts_id=25680238

joni, i like the idea of that soft lunch box for a carrying case. gonna head to walmart and get one.
    Last edited by Normand; 07-08-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Blog Entries

My electric pump won't pump air into the toon once it gets about a quarter full. Really annoying, that is. I use a hand pump to make up the difference between the transport inflation and the use inflation each time I hit the lake. If it wasn't for the 4300 foot difference between the lakes and the house, I would leave the thing full.

Exercise, yes, but a) I need it and b) it aint worth a hunnerd bucks just to save two minutes of pumping at ten thousand feet.

DG, the LVM stops a little short of fully inflated. As you say a couple of HAND pumps. I prefer that personally. I had a friend that had a pump with the gauge and everything. Blew up his toon twice.
    I don't trust electric pumps all the way and GAUGES.
    My gauge is my hand.
    I got the same pump as Normand (thanks by the way) coming and I would say more like 1/3 the price. Great to have a back up. Our old one has seen better days after 15 years.

I'm with FG...my gauge is my hand...and DG if you make that trip often I'll bet you are able to estimate low altitude inflation so when you get there you are close to optimal inflation.

I guess all our situations are different but I must say I can't remember the last time I had to top off....I inflate with a shop air compressor and head out....there is a certain leeway and it's not rocket science....[note I didn't say "rocket surgery"].

I like how this Rule pump has been touted...[DG your experience is like mine ...the cheep ones don't do the job]....a good back up is a good idea....so Joni how did you get it for 1/3 Norm did?????

No, the one Normand posted is 1/3 the price of the original one we bought several years ago from Anglers Inn. Like the price of the one Cabela's offers. Normands is 1/3 the price.
    I have had two friends order one also.
    I pretty much just use the Square attachment in the picture. Stick it right up to the Halkey Roberts valve and pump away. I do leave the valve open however, and then quickly close and finish with a K-Pump.

Whew...I have ordered from Norm's source...should be here in a day or two....thought I'd missed an even better deal.

+ Reply to Thread