John, thanks for the update on Harley. What a character! I was able to spend a day with Harley on the South Fork a year or so ago and what a blast that was. You probably heard Harley's commentary on short, fast rods. He doesn't build or use anything much over seven feet and I think he prefers a six footer and he fishes in rapid fire casting his "brillo pads" right tight against the banks as he's drifting by. I tried it, under his watchful eye, and I actually broke a sweat and it turned into work. We caught some great fish and I have super memories of the day. Harley even wrote an on-line book regarding his trout "hunting" method. I'll try to track it down and give the link.
Glad you got to fish his ponds. Tragically, a few years ago, at the height of the drought we were experiencing then, he lost the majority of his fish, so it's good to hear that things have come back finally.
Thanks for the report and sharing such a "classic" guy with the rest of us. I think I have a photo here somewhere:

Here's Harley at this past Spring's East Idaho Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls, Id.:

Kelly.