+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JC Memorial Bench Raffle

Smile Elkhorn 8' for 5 wt two piece two tip

Ray has graciously accepted my donation of the Elkhorn bamboo rod featured in threads on the Rod Building Forum titled "Elkhorn Bamboo Rod Project and Challenge" and the Fishing Reports Forum titled " '09 Ellkhorn Bamboo Challenge".

This rod is used, the tip sections have both taken a minor set, and one is a bit shorter than the other, and the grip is lightly soiled. But this rod has a history with FAOL, a bit of charm, and is an excellent fishing tool. It loves a Rio Selective Trout II DT5F line and does well with a 5 wt Class II full sinking line. A premium rod sock from Elkhorn and a custom aluminum rod tube from REC are included.

I'm wondering if someone out there has a nice reel that will hold a DT5F line that they can part with to match this rod ?? Hopefully with a spare spool for a full sinking line ??

I'm wondering if someone out there can come up with a Rio Selective Trout II DT5F line and some backing ??

I'm wondering if someone out there can come up with a 5 wt Class II full sinking line and backing ??

I'm wondering if someone out there can come up with a half dozen furled leaders.

I'm wondering if we can set up the winner of this raffle with a bamboo rod outfit that is ready to go as soon as it gets to his / her home ??

Don't leave me hanging, please.

John
    Last edited by JohnScott; 06-11-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    The fish are always right.

John,
    If I may add my unaskedforcomment, there is no gracious acceptance of a donation. There are however , gracious donations. Yours IS that.

Mark

John,
    Furled leaders no problem. But questions. You want floating or sinking, thread or fluorocarbon, color" and length, tippet rings black or silver, or no tippet rings?

MY LATEST UNDERSTANDING IS THAT THE FURLED LEADERS ARE ALREADY PROVIDED. THEREFORE I WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY FOR THE RAFFLE.

Just FYI....in case I have a mis-understanding.
    Last edited by Gemrod; 08-30-2009 at 12:43 AM.

I'd like to donate a Launchinggear

Dana
    launchinggear.com

I'm just curious as to the progress in this plan. Is it moving along? AND, when will the raffle happen?

Mark

Here's a little update with a time line for everyone. Many of the donations for the raffle are custom made items, Rods, desks, etc. The construction of these items takes a little time. My initial time line is to sell tickets to the raffle in Sept and do the drawing live in the chat room sometime in Oct. That will give the monument company a good to months to work with Deanna on the design and then make & install it to be "commissioned" next July at the fish-in....Hope this helps.~Ray

Default Heron Quilt

I have the heron quilt top done and put together with the batting and backing. I will be starting the quilting tomorrow, and will post a picture of it as soon as I finish the quilting. I will be putting a method for hanging the quilt on the back, along with a label that tells what it was made for.

I'm very happy with the way this quilt has come out and actually hate to let it go. I would love to be able to hang it in my guild's quilt show, Oct. 17 & 18, if possible and then send it to the winner, if they are amenable with that.
    Jean

Fly tying supplies make the best quilt embellishments!

Jean,

Thank you for the update and your generosity for donating your time, talent and materials to support this very worthy cause. If I am fortunate enough to win your beautiful quilt you can rest assured that you will be able to display your artistry before shipping it out. That being said, I seroiusly doubt that I will win anything let alone your quilt but I suspect that there are a number of folks here that would be more than willing to let you hang your quilt at your Guild's quit show.

Take care and please post photos when it is done so I can see one of the great prizes that I won't win.

Jim Smith

Default Raffle Update?

Ray,

Do we have any sort of date for the raffle to start? I realize there are many things being made, which take time.

How do you plan to actually do the raffle ticket thing? How much will the tickets be? Where do we send the money?

I'm not sure how this would all work, and am curious how we can make this run efficiently and not make it too much work for you!
    Jean

Fly tying supplies make the best quilt embellishments!

I plan on starting to sell tickets soon. I'm still waiting for a few items to get to me or to be finished being made, some of the larger items the builders will ship directly to the winner I'm expecting photos to use for the raffle. Tickets will be $10 each. I will put all the prizes into "lots" hoping to have at least 50 prizes.Then live in the chat room I will draw the winners names and match them to a prize. I'll get them packaged & sent out soon there after.

+ Reply to Thread