"Fellow Fiberfanatics, my name is Bamboozle and I'm a Glassaholic!"

I discovered fiberglass a few years ago when I bought a sweet Winston 6'6" 3wt. After that, the addiction began in earnest. As a person who fished nothing but bamboo, by choice for most of my life, I was DELIGHTED with the feel that glass offered. Besides bamboo I also own a slew of graphite, but I probably would have never purchased a graphite rod IF I found glass a little sooner. These days, I find that I am fishing glass more than anything else in my quiver.

I have discovered that short glass rods are the PERFECT tool for the small to super small mountain creeks I like to fish. They also are wonderful for the normal sized creeks I spend the remainder of my time fishing. While it can be an oddball rod to find in graphite, an 8'0" 5wt glass rod is about as perfect as a trout fishing rod can be, in my neck of the woods.

I have bought quite a few glass rods in the last few years. When I couldn't find what I was after in the fly shop racks, I went the custom builder route.

Besides all of the vintage glass out there, make sure to check out the new Hardy glass rods as well as custom offerings from Mike McFarland or Mark Steffen.

I'm sure you already know about the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum

Welcome to the not-so-dark side!