i have caught a 14" and a 13" crappie at picnic lake and several catfish and smaller bass. never a muskie but that would be a hoot. i have had good luck at lunker lake, but usually by this time it is completely covered in weeds. several good bluegill at quarry lake and lots of smaller bass. never had much luck on redear for some reason. i have tied up several black dragonfly nymph looking things that i always have pretty good luck on.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanxxxv View Post
I was just out at Hartell talking with Dennis the area manager. He marked up a map with brush piles, rock structures, down trees and gulleys.
He sugested we stay off Quiet Lake as there really isn't much happening there.
Lunker Lake and Picnic Lake are the Large Mouth Bass lakes with a average Blue Gill.
Redear and Quarry Lake are the Blue Gill lakes with 9 to 10" or larger Blue Gill.
Picnic Lake has large Crappie with some ranging to 17 inches! There are also Cats and suprise Muskee! Dennis claimed jokingly it's an experiment, but there is a picture on the wall of him holding what looks like a 25 to 30 inch Muskee!

I asked him what his favorite flies were and he suggested anything black! Leach paterns, wooly buggers. Black and buggy While he did say big Gills will take shad paterns and steamers!
As far as hours of operation showing up early I don't think violates the hour of operation as long as we are not fishing ;p
Steven Adler