+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

southeastern washington state, near the deschutes and columbia and snake rivers. then id also buy all the land for as far as the eyes could see in every direction and protect it from pollution and dam building projects that are sure to come.

maintain the rivers as natural wild fisheries for "future" (read present) generations to enjoy.

The Adirondacks. It's always held my heart. Streams and lakes both.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Pyramid lake and the Truckee river. Cutthroats to 60 lbs!

The Ventura River and Santa Ynez river in S. California. These rivers had had annual runs of 7,000 to 20,000 steelhead as late as the early 1950's. What a shame they have all been nearly wiped out.

The Mc Cloud River in N. CA when they still had salmon runs

North Umpqua..this is a no-brainer if you've read Zane Grey

Talarik Creek, Nusugak River, Kanektok River, Kenai River in Alaska..before they got pounded by the lodges

The Dean in British Columbia.

Aw, what the heck, just build me a time machine I'll learn how to ride a horse and fish everything from Mexico to Alaska for 50 years!!!

Diane--i grew up in the Adirondacks. Second most beautiful place in the country .

I'd buy all the land in Florida from just north of Okeechobee south to and including the Keys.

Bass, Tarpon, Permit, Snook, Bonefish, not to mention a few dozen other species...bill fish just a short boat ride away...warm, never snows, the indians are smart, peacable, and would welcome the chance to keep their lands....

Sorry, wouldn't waste such an opportunity on trout.

Good Luck!

Buddy

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:5ef91]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:5ef91]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Right here in Oregon. The Calapooia is withing ez walking distance and the steelhead, Chinook salmon, and cutthroat would be calling me loudly.

Blog Entries

Hey LeeS, is that 45 minutes by car, on those highways that wouldn't exist? think about how you would get around, carry your stuff, get food, water, etc etc etc.

Got horse?

Baja!

Hi folks, RW here,

I'm with Allan (tyeflies) on the Debruce water on the upper Willowemoc. I'll poach that dang water yet before I die............

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

same river-only than it had atlantic salmon minus all the people-o-to dream??

------------------
    bob faorite past-times winter steelie fishing-fall bow-hunting-would write more but with my typing i would be here for wks.??

+ Reply to Thread