+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Search Of Perfect Cork

That grip is a 100% foam core, not an arbor. The shaped grip was poured and turned on a lathe, just like cork. Then a carbon fiber "skin" was applied and finish coated with a special epoxy resin. The end result is a substantially lighter grip than cork, a less expensive grip than even cheap cork, a MUCH more durable grip than cork or composite cork AND it is a very modern looking grip.

Personally, I prefer most of my builds with traditional cork with inlays - composite cork, wood, bone, fossil ivory, acrylic, etc.

However, it is always nice to know what is out there. Everyone has different tastes AND different needs. For example, the carbon fiber grips are terrific for pack rods due to the light weight AND beefed-up durability.

TJ -

Here's cork from someone that knows what good cork is and what the bamboo builders are looking for:

cork

Here's a video on his sorting method:

video

Blog Entries

Cool

Well..it looked good........but it's not available and the video didnt work? Not trying to be sarcastic, but it looks like most of the searches I've done for good cork........

it is available..you just have to email him....just can't order from the website at the moment....also the video works fine...

Yep, video works AND he is answering e-mails and phone calls. You CAN place an order, he just doesn't have a "shopping cart" system for automated internet purchases.

Thumbs up The Picky Bastard

I purchased bamboo from Andy last year and all I can say is he went out of his way to make sure I got exactly what I wanted during a time when he was having problems getting enough cane to satisfy everyone. I talked with him several times and he always responded to e-mails.

If he is now selling cork, I will have to give him a try. I bet you get just what he promises.
    Shaky;

Cool Good cork?

I can't remember his name and it's driving me nuts. Out east, maybe Streeter? I just called Ron Kusse but got the machine, I know he has bought cork from this guy. But it was/is expensive - but then I didn't see a price on the Picky Bastard.

picky bastard premium rings are pretty pricey @ $2.65 a ring. which ends up running $34.45 for a 6 1/2" grip. I'll pass.

Default Neighbor?

Ladyfisher; The picky bastard is almost your neighbor. Andy Royer, otherwise known as the Bamboo Broker. Vashon, WA (206) 463-1273
    Shaky;

Default Tampa Jim

Where can one get the graphite grip?
    "If opera is entertainment, then falling off the roof is transportation".

+ Reply to Thread