+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guess Im a wuss

Wink bad knee

Ridgeliner, that reminds me of another fella that went to the doc and complained about his knee. The doc looks him over and finally says. Well you know you are getting older and you have to expect some of these kinds of things. The fella thinks for a bit and then looks at the doc and says, OK I can understand that but there is just one thing. What's that he replies. Well, its about my other knee. Oh, is it bothering you too? Oh not at all says the fella. It's just that, well, you know, it IS the same age as the other one.
    Shaky;

Doug,
    Perhaps I did overlook one or two exceptions

Mark

Sometimes it's more fun to think about going fishing, getting ready for fishing and talking about fishing than it is to be fishing!

Default guess im a wuss

have no choice-where i live in tug-hill area of northern ny-if i didnt fish in bad weather-i wouldnt ever fish??

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Clyde, I used to tell people in SE Idaho that 30 deg in the Western Oregon is colder than 0 degrees in SE Idaho. Those who had spent time in a wet environment understood, the others couldn't comprehend. Its amazing how that cold goes straight to the bone.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Doug, is that sun reflecting on the cloud, or is it lightning???
    either way, I think I would head for the truck, or house.

Eric, I understand that humidity thing very well!! I'm a high mt. desert boy and don't like that WET feel at all!!
    Last edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff; 04-26-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Wyo-Blizzard

I'm the same kind of wuss....It's warm here today, for April, and the creeks have calmed down from the last big rains and I was gonna go......but not in these 25 mph sustained, 35 mph. gusts of wind. I'll either tie flys, take the Alfa or MG for a drive or just putz around the garden.....an' I was 56 in Feb. Appears I'm in good company!!

Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
    Clyde, I used to tell people in SE Idaho that 30 deg in the Western Oregon is colder than 0 degrees in SE Idaho. Those who had spent time in a wet environment understood, the others couldn't comprehend. Its amazing how that cold goes straight to the bone.

Eric
    Eric,
    33 degree "Wet" windy weather, is my least favorite, here, but cold weather, at the Coast, in the FOG, is the pitts!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Smile

I guess I'm just thankful for good health, a reasonable overall fitness level, high quality fleece and goretex - all of which require a significant investment, and all of which are well worth it.

Can't fish 125 plus days a year on a wide variety of water in SE Idaho without all of those things, and a desire to enjoy the outdoors no matter what it might bring you on a given day.

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread