Quote Originally Posted by azcat1 View Post
My cousin lives in Stevensville so I try to get to MT to fish the Bitterroot at least once a year. I was there early last September and thought that the water was pretty low. I like to fish the West Fork. If you look at the map there are campgrounds along the West Fork (I think one is called Rondo or something like that). I agree that Fishaus is an ok shop. There isn't much as far as shops go in Darby so be sure to get stocked up in Hamilton. I don't particularly like Angler's Roost but it is popular. If you want an adventure you can go up Shalkaho pass and fish Rock Creek (pronounced Crick in MT).
AZ
Funny! The campground is called rombo. I should know cause that's were i proposed to my wife then picked up my rod and landed a few cutty's! Anglers roost can be a little "towny", so theres plenty of free camping along the westfork. Go just beyond rombo campground and you"ll find one. Don't go over skallkaho without first stopping at the top of the pass to fish at Fuse Lake. Stocked solely with artic grayling! Take a float tube. Countdown to tuesday, that's when i leave to go to hamilton for the summer. Skwallas are hitting hard right now! Can't wait!

Steve