There are two types of Korker wading shoes. One is made a little more robust and costs around $130 and the other costs around $80. If I recall correctly, the more expensive one comes with a plain rubber lug sole bottom insert and a studded felt insert. The one I purchased is the $80 model and they came with a plain rubber lug sole and a plain felt sole. However, the inserts are sold separately as well so you can buy inserts with studs in both felt and rubber.

Personally, I like the plain felt sole insert and the plain rubber lug insert so far and I have not yet felt the need to buy the studded soles yet. Its nice to know that I can buy them if I need them.

I have only used them one season and I have fished more than 30 trips this year and most of my fishing requires a great deal of hiking. I thought that the hiking would tear them up but they have held up well so far. Once I had the rubber lug fall out while I was climbing some rocks to get out of a gorge, but in fairness, I was rock climbing with them which is more then they were designed to do. If you keep your gravel guards pulled down low over the boot it keeps them tied and keeps the velcro strap form getting pulled. My next pair will be the more expensive model when these finally wear out.

Be sure to work them in before hiking with them. The first time I used them I blistered my feet pretty bad as I hiked a couple of miles in them. That's to be expected of any new shoe though.