So, I got my kayak this past Friday. What an awesome boat. Its everything I've been told about: stable, smooth, roomy, easy to cast from, light weight, manoverable, etc etc etc. I am very pleased with it.

I got out Saturday afternoon, air temp was around 62, but water temps were down in the high 40s, so the fish were still a bit sluggish. Main reason for getting out saturday was, well, I have a new boat and want to get it in the water. Duh! I cast with a bait cast rod and real as well as with my 6wt fly rod to see how the boat would perform. Perfect. Really easy to fish from. I missed one bass and caught one. Man, the one I caught was cold! Like I said, the water was really cold.

I got it out again on Sunday afternoon and just paddled with a friend and his kids. I brought along my 5 year old son and he fit perfect in the front of the boat. He was a little apprehensive at first but got settled in a loved it. He will make many more trips with me till he's old enough to paddle one himself.

If you are looking for a kayak, you owe it to yourself to at least look at Native Watercraft. I got the Ultimate 12 solo.