+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not FF, but our beloved old Cocoa has left us.

Mike I too am very sorry for your loss. Dogs are among the most special of all of God's creatures. Try to take comfort in the memories of your old friend and the fact that he had a very meaningful life.

I do know exactly what you are going through. Last summer we had to make a very similar trip to the vet with our dear old 15 year old Corgi (Corky). He had watched over my kids for all of those 15 years. I took it hard but they took it even harder.

Greg
    Last edited by glm38; 01-05-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Mike I have tears in my eyes as well, I am very sorry to here about you and your family's loss, I pray you all remember and enjoy all the wonderful memories...

Tim

Smile

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful & heartfelt statements. I will share this thread with Colleen & all our children. While I have had to put other dogs down, this one was the toughest. God indeed Blessed us with the opportunity to experience and learn from Cocoa's love and loyalty for 15 years. She will forever occupy a very special part of our hearts and she will certainly live in our memories.
    You are all examples of what makes FAOL so very special.
    Thank you all again,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

My Dear Friend;
    I'm really sorry that I missed your "land line", call tonight. I was out and did not return home until to late to return your call.
    Although, I'm very glad that my help in getting Coco through the Holidays, worked for her, you know my friend that no, "Thank Yous" are EVER necessary between friends.
    As has been mentioned here, already Mike........ we all, who love dogs, who have "loved and lost", grieve along with you and your family. I do, especially, not only through our friendship, but in being so involved in Coco's last few months.
    You know,as I do, that you can never "find another Coco", and I know even when you adopt another, Fur Kid, you won't try to.
    There are not a lot of words that can be said, at a time like this my friend, so I won't ramble on in my usual manner.
    Just know, that Linda and I send our prayers and thoughts to you and your family.
    Call me, when you get the chance. God Bless.
    Paul
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mike,

I am sorry. The hardest thing to do was the right thing to do. Find peace in the memories of the joy she gave you and your family.

Keith (Wirebender) Thank you for your act of kindness. As we all know this has been weighing heavy on Mike's mind and when Mike and I talked about your offer I saw that it gave him peace.

Respectfully,
    Sean
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

My heart goes out to you. Having lost two of my best friends, aged 12 and 14, in the last few months I know how you feel.

Mike

What can I say brother, other than I am so sorry for your loss. Will talk with you soon.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Thumbs up

A bit off topic, but I saw an "anti FAOL" post on another site recently......

That person obviously forgot about threads like this, where FAOLer's true colors come out shining.......You folks AND this site are truly THE BEST!!!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike,

I am sorry for your loss. Pets really do become family and the loss felt is as real as it gets. I wish you and your family peace.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread