Thread: Do I need a new puppy?

Threaded View

Default Do I need a New Puppy?

Thanks to all of you that have contributed to this thread.

My purpose was not to say everyone needs to add a new Pet. I for one am sure none of my past pets could ever be replaced. It is not to REPLACE, but to step foreword and add a new joy into my life and the life of another friend.
    Pistol has been home for about 6 weeks now. Both of us are really enjoying our time together. Being a Jack Russell Terrier, and my having had a previous companion of a JRT for 12 years, I know it is easier for both of us. We will be getting to know each other for many years to come, I know. It is impossible for me to put into words how much I am enjoying life with her.

I encourage any of you that have lost a friend, do not rush out and get just any pup. Do some research on any breed, your living conditions, desires and expectations. Chose wisely, not because a pup is cute. They are all cute but this pup that will mature into something far different than a cute pup, turn into the friend both of you want. Start looking now. Do not put it off, just do it.

Remember it is possible to obtain some excellent companions from Rescue and your local pounds. Some can be had for free. (well almost) Do some leg work and chose wisely.

I encourage all of you to read LF's post about sending in to the Publisher your story so she can put together an article we all can enjoy.

It is early morning, two days before Christmas. As I write this, Pistol is sleeping at my feet. Has been in my lap but as of yet I have not cleared her for computer / keyboard work. Her fingers are fatter than mine and her spelling is also worse than mine. She can not understand why she can not talk on my cell phone either, yet. She does enjoy being in my lap. Lots to learn and I am making progress.

Wishing all of you a Happy and Safe Holiday season.

Will catch all of you down stream.

Denny & Pistol.
    Last edited by Denny; 12-23-2008 at 04:21 PM.