+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evan's Homecoming

Nighthawk. That is a beautiful post! I think every FAOLer seconds your so very well put message. Thank you and God Bless Evan and his family!

Old Frat; All these posts are beautiful. I hope you can post a picture of Evan so we can put a face on this brave young man. Maybe you could jpeg a pic, or snail a pic to Jim and Deanna and they could post it. Does Evan have any interest in any kind of fishing?

[This message has been edited by mantis (edited 31 October 2005).]

Oldfrat, I'm a registered nurse at a long-term care facility, and I have to say that your letter raised goosebumps on me. I wish all the best for you and your family.

Brad,
    I posted earlier, but I missed something very important. What a wonderful daughter in law you have. What a positive force SHE has been (and WILL be) in his recovery!!! The love that young lady has shown to Evan must NEVER be taken for granted, and I'm bettin' on 50+ years for those two! That depth of love is truly special.
    GOD Bless YOU, darlin'!!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

When two or more are gathered in HIS name
    Great things happen.
    When you Trust in HIS name your needs are met

Thanks Ol frat

Keep on keeping on

ol Al

------------------
    Ol' Flysoup
    Flycasting is as easy as flysoup

old frat, RW here

There is not much I can say that hasn't already been said on this thread; except, thanks for sharing what good news has developed from this terrible tragedy. Your son Evan and all our boys in uniform are always in my wife's and my thoughts and prayers. Tell Evan congrats on the wedding and God Bless.

RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

I will say a prayer for Evan when ever I remember, for the continuing courage to work through this, which he already has.

------------------
    - rriver

"This soldier prays on bended knees for Evan and his family. I thank the Lord for you, Evan, for you have made the world a safer place. I have been praying for you and your family since I first heard about your wounds. You have uncommon valor and bravery by the bucket full. You have lots of compation too. To me you represent all that is great about being American and being a member of our military. Thank you Marine. Carry on and Semper Fi.
    ------------------
    Eric "nighthawk""

I couldn't say it any better!

My prayers are with your son, you and the rest of the family. You and mostly he paid a high price for what we enjoy here in the US and for that matter, the free world. Unfortunately there are a lot of folks though most are well intentioned, are flat wrong about the battle against the extremists who would kill every man, woman and child who does not side with them. It is a world war as much as any other and we simply must win. Flowers, protests and warm & fuzzy thoughts will have no effect to win the war but will embolden the enemy and cause more, countless tragedies such as yours. This fact saddens me.I pray for the day when free men everywhere will stand up to this vicious, evil enemy like your son did. When that day comes, evil will be defeated and the price you and your son paid will be vindicated.

God bless you, your son and every man and woman serving our country in harm's way.

Happy Trails!
    Ronn
    Happy Trails!
    Ronn

http://ronnlucassr.com/

this is such wonderful news it belongs here, on sound off, and every other board! your pride in that fine young man is so justly deserved, and we are priviledged to be able to share in just a piece of your pride. Thank you!

nighthawk Guest

Mike, I am with you on that. If I ever get to meet your gal, Evan, I will give her a big old soldier hug. Until then a cyber hug will have to do. God bless you sweet lady.
    Ronn, Amen brother.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!

[This message has been edited by nighthawk (edited 02 November 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread