I still prefer the "Palmer" method but never really got it down well.
Actually, the names Strunk, White, Elements, Style all seem to resonate a distant chord.
As editor I am 'in charge' of all writing that gets onto FAOL. I have my own set of reasons which governs what makes it in print. It is all different but, there is a sameness throughout. It is real. It is exactly as the writer sees things at the moment. It is/must be, honest writing. I far value a fisherman who knows little of writing over a writer who knows little of fishing. The writing on FAOL is always genuine.
Also as editor it is my job to 'cleanup' to some degree the punctuation and some sentence structure, without ever effecting the voice or the song, ever.
Some efforts on here may appear as terrible writing and they are. But they are the truth, the truth as the writer sees it at exactly that moment.They are the honest scribblings of those who desperately want to share some idea or event with any who will bother to listen. My only lament is that more do not take the time nor make the effort to ride along with, and wade the waters of, the grand house of participating fellow fly fishers. Bless them all. For without them we would not exist.