+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rude encounter

Did you know that a three ounce diamond 'jigging spoon' thrown with a spinning rod will punch right through the side of a jet ski?

Need lots of line to land 'em, but a nice fight....unless you snag the gas line, then all you are doing is reeling in a log.....

We get three a day on our license out here in the wild SW......

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

I ran into a similar situation, or it might have been, a couple of years ago. Half a dozen of us older guys had taken a younger fella with us (a son-in-law). Us older fellas hadn't been doing very well when I came on the kid way upstream of us. He had found the honey hole and, like a fool, told me about it. Then, being gracious, said he was going for a coke, would I like one. By the time he got back with cokes for all of us, the honey hole was thoroughly occupied by us old geezers. He looked puzzled and a little crestfallen, but I figured it was a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Colston Newton View Post
    I ran into a similar situation, or it might have been, a couple of years ago. Half a dozen of us older guys had taken a younger fella with us (a son-in-law). Us older fellas hadn't been doing very well when I came on the kid way upstream of us. He had found the honey hole and, like a fool, told me about it. Then, being gracious, said he was going for a coke, would I like one. By the time he got back with cokes for all of us, the honey hole was thoroughly occupied by us old geezers. He looked puzzled and a little crestfallen, but I figured it was a learning experience.

I hope that you have since appologized to the youngin' and I also hope that he didn't whack you. Better yet next time take him out and let him fish some, not all of the productive holes first.

Talking

Squire,

I'd a pushed yer arse in, yuh ol f_rt!.....

Me.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking If your aim is off...........

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Sanders View Post
    Did you know that a three ounce diamond 'jigging spoon' thrown with a spinning rod will punch right through the side of a jet ski?

Need lots of line to land 'em, but a nice fight....unless you snag the gas line, then all you are doing is reeling in a log.....

We get three a day on our license out here in the wild SW......

Buddy
    Not to mention what the jigging spoon will do to the jet-ski rider if your aim is off a bit. But hey, the circle of life goes on........... 8T

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Squire,

I'd a pushed yer arse in, yuh ol f_rt!.....

Me.

He's have had to push about five of us in. The one who got POed was my buddy Hux. He was a bit downstream of me and I was taking a lot more fish than he was. I hung a nice 'bow and, having misplaced my nippers walked it down to him calling, "Heel, boy. Heel" and asked Hux to borrow his hemostats.

nighthawk Guest

He's have had to push about five of us in. The one who got POed was my buddy Hux. He was a bit downstream of me and I was taking a lot more fish than he was. I hung a nice 'bow and, having misplaced my nippers walked it down to him calling, "Heel, boy. Heel" and asked Hux to borrow his hemostats.
    Colston,
    Lucky for you that Hux didn't decide to use the hemostats on you.

Hux is a very controlled fella...but I almost got him.

Uncle Barry Guest

Good evening.
    Well I was there, in your situation a couple of weeks ago.

In this case it was 3 silly lure chuckers thinking they owned the river.

The case.
    Me fishing on a pool.
    Along come the 3 nice people chucking lures all around the place.
    All around me.

I had worked the pool the best I could so decided to move the the next pool down stream, as I like to fish 'across and down' with a wet.

Then as I came out of the water the 3 very nice people ran to the next pool !
    Yes, ran.
    Which bought a smile to my cold wind blown face.

By the time I had walked to the pool, chrome had been fired all over the place and the nice people just stood there like sheep waiting for something to happen.

I then entered the pool and started to search for fish to trick with my fly.
    The first pool there was one not so smart fish.

Then as I started to leave the pool, the 'team' ran ..yep, ran again to the next pool and the process started all over again.

Which bought a sly smile to the cold wind blown face again.

I all the act, (fun) repeated its self 3 times before the team of grown 'men' ran some number of pools down stream before fishing..that was filling the sky with chrome.

During the fun, the team never had a strike while I grasses 3 nice rainbows all over 40cm each.

Now the reason for the smile by the old fella was, the chrome chuckers were driving the fish into safe locations, where they could hid, which then for an old fella removed about 95% of the pool where a fish could be in the early morning.

ps, I did not say thank you or anything to these nice people, just caught fish from where they had fished, right under their bl...dy faces, which seems to upset them for some odd reason.

pps, please some time in the future, instead of being upset and carrying on, THINK, these nice people have just made fishing just that little bit easier for you.

Kind regards,
    UB

Like someone said water etiquette does depened on were you are. Here there are so few places to access rivers and the like with to many fisherman. You have to fish closer together especially around the beginning of the season, everyone has the right to the waters. When it comes to ponds and lakes it's usually more crowded but for me most of the places I go everyone knows everyone. I realize out west and in Alaska there are still many areas with plenty of accessible water without a large population fishing it. However as areas are being developed there will be more people fishing at the same time the number of places to access water will decrease. Because of this traditional etiquette most bend a little.

+ Reply to Thread