There are obvious problems with many organizations that may have originally been chartered with the intent to foster public awareness about a cause. I can't say I agree wholly (or at all in most cases) with any of them. Here is a brief list of organizations that may once have had a little more meaning before they were perverted by fanaticism or have been corrupted by the their constituents:

Factions of many religions (including factions of Christianity)
NRA
PETA
Labor Unions
PLO
Hamas (sp?)
Muja Hadin (sp?) [Afgan freedom fighters]
Right To Life
IRA
Green Peace

Notice that a lot have been branded as terrorist organizations or have reverted to unscrupulous actions in the name of their causes or they harm more than they help as a result of their actions or causes.

I feel that so many of the people who join these groups have no idea how harmful they are. I wholly support he 2nd ammendment, but I do not support the entire view or agenda of the NRA. I am a very spirtual person, but I cannot accept creationism and many other aspects of my own religion. I do not want to see animals harmed or abused, but I cannot support the rediculous views of PETA either. I am neither republican or democrat (I agree and disagree with both on certain issues).

To me, PETA, is just another group of sheep who cannot think for themselves and have to form an association to pool their ignorance.