Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
Well, I don't have an old fashion window sill to set the pie on, and I'm happy to say that it's GONE.
I knew you never had a widow sill. The story about my mothers pie on the sill had nothing to do with me, but I will never tell it except to someone who knew her, besides she could tell it funnier than me. And I maybe should have left that out.
Yup, I am old and old fashioned and glad of it as well. In my post about the apples I was grinning with tongue in check because it made me smile about all that I or my family did with apples over my life, and I've been baking and cooking for over 60 years so I thought it humerous how many gallons of apple butter, sauce or pies I have ate and baked along with many cobblers and other things made with apples. You gave me a happy thoughts when I saw your beautiful pie. They are equaly as good hot or cold, but when I was a kid and said a pie was hot, my Grand Dad told me exactly what I told you about the ice cream or blowing, he was grinning and so was I.
You are doing old fashion things by baking bread and pies, which all look beautiful and taste great I'm sure, I am glad for you doing that. I'm sure that it is better than Pickle Bills, if it is still up there. I only mean to encourage you in the many wonderful ways to fix apples. Where I grew up it was home made or no made, be it bread, pies or whatever else it was you ate. I for sure have no complaints about that.
I do hope you find many ways to enjoy your baking and cooking, be it bread or pies or what ever. Like they say it's American as Apple Pie and a far older tradition than me.
Again, the very best of apples and everything else to you, Jesse