+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cortland Rods

The wayfarer is a med-fast action rod.

Jeff

Appreciate it, Fishin' Fool.

Dan... I know you're asking about Cortland, but have you looked into the TFO rods at all? I bought the 9' 6WT in a 4 piece and a fast action. I got it in a package deal. Rod, reel..(Albright) line..(GPX) and backing for around $240. I fish it on the White, Norfork, Little Red and a few smaller spring creeks when I was on vacation in Wisconsin. I love it.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

I have a couple 4 piece rods but want one that I could stick in a brief case if needed, I think I really want a 9 foot 6 weight which Cortland doesn't make. I have been trying to convince myself that I would be fine with the 5 weight but I have 2 4 piece 5 weights now. I wish I could convince myself but I am loosing the argument! LL Bean and Orvis make multi piece rods in the 9 foot 6 weight class that I am leaning toward now. So everyone convince me differently, I hate to loose an argument...especially when it is to myself!

Dan

Believe it or not the Redington Crosswater is a medium rod, with a crisp casting action. Bought a 5 weight 2-piece for my daughter, it was only $59.

Was quite impressed with the Crosswater, for the price it is a good fly rod, with good quality construction. Nice and light also, and easy to cast line out a far distance.

~Parnelli

Ozarkflyflinger57 -
    Check out the Cabelas' "Stowaway" rods. These are available in 5 piece and 7 piece. I have a couple of the 5 piece for "backup/boat rods". I like 'em...pretty fast.
    McD

Jackson Cardinal has a nice line of rod both 2 and 4 section 159.00 and 179.00 as I recall with life time oops I broke it replacement. check there web site for a dealer near you. They are under the trade name of Yellowstone. i am using there rods now and like them very much

Rich

+ Reply to Thread