+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new motorhome

Yep, what goes around, comes around.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

The progress will be fun to watch. One of my coworkers & her husband just bought their 1st home & it was also a MESS! Shelley has been scrubbing with bleach & working her fingers to the bone. The picture progress reports enable us to provide support & it also enables her to see how far she has already come in her task.
    When finished, that camper will be PRICELESS!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    I, for one, am looking forward to the "Silk Purse" that will come from this sow's ear. I make my living as a Handyman and have the ability to look past the dirt and filth, and see what the end product CAN be with some elbow grease and few bucks. No, it won't be pleasant work, but the rewards will be worth it.

Why do you think plumbers charge the big bucks? Unpleasant work brings big profits for those willing to put their pride aside and invest in a little protective gear. I had to replace a floor flange for a toilet earlier this week. The work took 45 minutes and the parts were less than $20 and it was 1/4 mile from my house. Final bill (happily paid by the homeowner) was $185. The homeowner said that he knew how to do the repair, but didn't want to deal with a "Yucky toilet." I love guys like him. Cha-Ching!
    Yup, I admire harleybob for his ability to make a silk purse from a sows ear. I know he will do a fine job and have a very nice motor home when he gets done. I am fairly handy myself and have done what others thought impossible or would not touch, and I know the rewards and self satisfaction of doing things and helping others do what ever. Having never met you, your post about yourself says more than 100's of the other post about you or the ones you have posted. You are the handest person I ever read about, you are the $$$$doughgod$$$$$.
    I wish you the best at finding more people like you when you need them.
    Jesse

Well we got a lot of the cleaning done. stripped out the carpet and well here it is: first the ugly bedroom
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...reparty122.jpg

and now that halway
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...reparty121.jpg
    remember that nasty discusting bathroom
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...reparty123.jpg
    and of course the ceiling was looking preaty brown
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...reparty120.jpg

Now this is just the start. We went down today to a rv boneyard and got a very good used toliet out of a 2007 and a sleeper couch out of a 1985 and a bunch of fixtures for $100. Total cost of the motor home so far $1000. Half way there. Oh yea almost forgot the driving area
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...reparty117.jpg

Good gawd! You made a lot a progress in such a short time. I can't wait to see the finished motorhome.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

HarleyBob; You've done an awful lot of work there. Things are looking real good. Can't wait to see end product. As I'm sure you can't wait either lol lol

Well the work has come to a halt for at least 3 days. We are running a sanitizer for 2 days and then a purifier for 1 day. Thenb it is time to lay the new floors, get the batteries and checdk everything else out.

Keep digging Harleybob you're bound to get down to that pony.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Well we ran the sanitizer for 3 days. took 99% of the smell out. Now we tear up the floor boards and put new floor in wash the walls with kitty be gone again sanitize the septic system and then shoot ourselfs in the head for doing this. LOL. This has been very trying for both the wife and I but I hope to drive it up to the idaho fish in next year. More stuff is comming in from friends and family out house if full of rv furnature. Good news is this time next week I will be heading for Salmon Idaho so the wife can shoot her deer and I can do some steelhead fishing

Great OOGLY Moogly!

What vision, great job, hard work none the less...that'll be awesome when you are done with it...no doubt!

+ Reply to Thread