The fact that since I have only been ffing for 15 years, I am still not what I would consider a master. What was hardest thing for me to accept was moving to Washington State, from Alaska. The lack of salmon was hard to take, but having to actually pay attention to the insects was the hardest part to learn for me. In Alaska, there were three major hatches, salmon smolt in the spring, salmon eggs in the summer, and salmon flesh in the fall (generally speaking of course, there are more, but a glo bug, wooly bugger and flesh fly would catch you fish as long as the water was flowing). Sure there are bugs, but that is what bug spray was for! Not down here. Caddis, mayflies, stoneflies, midges, emergers, dries, nymphs, streamers, adult, cripples, the list seemed too much to take.

7 years later I have a better understanding of the insects, how to imitate them, and most importantly, when they are hatching, but I still have a long way to go. I guess that is the fun part, each day learning, becoming more and more competent.

Have fun learning, Jeff

------------------
Tis my time on the water, in the mountains, and in my driftboat where I can see things as they really are.