Labor day is a Nationall Holliday to honor all the Amarican workers in this country. Be they from where ever and hold a citizenship, they are Amaricans.!!
This is not a day to be traded for any reason! This honors all Amarican citizens. It does not discriminate against anyone. Be you white, black, red or yellow or whatever your religion or where you or your family may be from. This day honors all, be they labor or all the way up, who have made this country. If you go back far enough we are all immigrants or either decendants of immigrants unless we are American Indians. We are Americans now, and Labor Day should never be a problem to any American. Labor Day is the day all AMERICANS should RESPECT and HONOR all those who have built this country and all those who held down jobs making a living and making all the things that has made this country GREAT.
I am a disabled retired Iron Worker, and as a member of 42 years I only know personally of one day in our jurisdiction did any Iron Worker work, that was when some searched for survivers. It is in our bylaws we can only work on Labor Day in a matter of life and death. If there is to be any change in Labor Day this is the only change I would agree with, that this would be the rule for all places and people.
Those who protect us and are in our medical services, fire protection, law enforcement energy, water and many other related jobs I understand work and I do respect them all for taking GOOD CARE of us. All of those give their best to us all on all holidays to serve, not just Labor Day. We have two sons in law enforcement and I know what they have to deal with on these days.
On this day we should always feel blessed and thankful for the day to honor working people, it does not honor one person it honors all who have went to their jobs, many too sick, tired or hurt and hated their job but still went, those who knew they had families to feed, and an obligation those they worked for worked, for those who protected us and cared for us, for all who hold a job or held a job.
This is AMERICA, Labor Day is as American as the 4th of July and other holidays, not up for debate, not to be trade off, NON negotiable period..!! If someone has a problem with Labor Day or any other holiday, you may have chose the wrong country. In this GREAT COUNTRY the borders are open both ways, please feel free to leave and I wish you the best on finding somewhere that suits you better.
There have been many who died or were maimed on the job. My wife's father died in a coal mine and we both know many who have suffered greatly by loosing someone or having someone injured working at a job. This day was given to us by those before us, and it is up to us to see that those after us have this day. NEVER GIVE IT UP.
May we all HONOR and GIVE THANKS to all those who have worked before us and be THANKFUL on this GREAT AMERICAN LABOR DAY.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Blessings to you all, Jesse