Two weeks have gone by since the FAOL MI Fish-In ended and the ether has worn off. Now my report can be told.

This year?s journey for me to the FAOL Fish-In began in early April 650 miles south of my primary home. I had never heard of FAOL, or its now fabulous annual MI Fish-in. Neither did I know this would be my entr?e into the FAOL world.

At the time, I was minding my own business out fishing on a stream called the Duck River near Normandy, TN. The Duck is a TN DNR stocked tail waters fishery that can be fun to fish early and late in the year. Earlier in the day it had been raining and some of us trout bums had an itch to wet a line in the later part of the afternoon. Since I am only 15 minutes from the Duck, I decided after the rain stopped to try my luck.

I had been fishing for a while on my favorite hole on the Duck and along comes a couple of guys dressed in the full fly fishing uniform of the day. I could tell these were serious fly fisherman and not your usual local trout fisherman with a spin-rig and whole kernel corn. (BTW, they say Del Monte corn is the best. )

To be continued . . . . . .