+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not F.F.-Warning to dog owners!

Default Not F.F.-Warning to dog owners!

I just received this, via our breeding business newsletter and thought since many of us own "fur kids", I'd pass it along to those members living in the states listed, below.

More pet food recalls. This is not limited to a single brand. This
    is the whole distribution center for PETCO in Joliet IL. The states
    that are affected are:
    Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana,
    Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee,
    Texas Wisconsin.

There have been no reports yet of illnesses to pets but they are
    stating that anyone coming in contact with the foods wash their hands
    thoroughly after handling. The distribution center was infested with
    rodent and bird contaminants..a.k.a Feces and the like
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul,
    Thanks! I just sent this out to friends & relatives who wouldn't see it here.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Wink Thank you for the warning!

Hi Flybinder,

Thank you for the timely warning about bad pet food----again. I think my dog may have come in contact with some of the bad food but he followed his doggy first aid training and flushed all the poison from his system with a long, cool drink from the toilet. Seriously, thanks for the post. 8T

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Whew! My state wasn't on the list.

If my dogs water dish isn't changed each day they will whine and let me know that the water isn't up to snuff. but they will happily drink from a mud puddle or from the toilet. They do have some standards but those standards are quite low.

They will drink the fresh clorinated water from the tap and prefer it to the filtered water that you buy, go figure.

Thanks for the warning though, If a company is warning people you can be sure the threat is real.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

"Following up" on this, being an "obvious concern for our own dogs, (and anyone else's) it seems the worry is more about the "Human Contact" than that of the dog's.
    With a very strong immune system, a healthy canine can eat and drink a LOT of "weird things", and not have it effect them.
    (in fact, a dog's mouth, due to high levels of germ fighting "goodies" has a cleaner mouth than we humans).
    Anyway, the contaminated dog food, now in question, is more of a worry that people can become very ill from handling it, when feeding it to their fur kids.

Gnu Bee, count yourself LUCKY, my friend!! We have 16 dogs, that "turn their noses up" at water that's too warm, too cold, too chlorinated, not chlorinated enough, the bowl is dirty, the bowl's the wrong COLOR for a water dish. The list is endless with these pampered, well heeled, breed beasts!
    One of our female Cairns, WON'T "go" in her enclosure. Every dog has its own, 8' x 30' enclosure. "Milly", climbs her metal fence, (A Cairn can actually scale a 12' hurricane style fence, no sweat), but, she climbs her fence, goes to the bathroom in the backyard, then climbs BACK into her enclosure when she's finished. (she doesn't like "mauve" for a water dish, either)
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

A friend of mine had a bulldog that wouldn't drink out of the water dish (no matter what color) unless it had ice in it. She started complaining about having to put ice in the dish.

Go figure.

Kirk

This is why we enjoy the immunological superiority of total mutts. No inbred recessive sensitivities to this or that - just strong, healthy dogs.

Is this for only dog food? Or is cat food affected also?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post
    (in fact, a dog's mouth, due to high levels of germ fighting "goodies" has a cleaner mouth than we humans).
    F.B. I have to humbly say rubbish. I have three dogs, two of them clean up after each other if you catch my drift. If we don't get out there with the shovel in time they are enjoying a hot meal. You don't want to be anywhere near their mouths. And no, they are not under-fed.
    Gary

You know they do make something that you can mix in with their food to make thier poo taste bad.

+ Reply to Thread