+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas and garbage clothes

Blog Entries

Smile

I have been buying my hunting and fishing clothes from Cabela's for decades now. They area one of the few sources for clothing that will properly fit me. I have never had a complaint. Good quality and they last me a long time. Cabela's doesn?t make their own clothing, they buy from other companies that do make the clothing. Like Redington, they supply some of the clothing for Cabela's and many other nationally known brands.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

I've been entirely delighted with my experiences with Cabela's. I bought three rather nice casual shirts there for $20 a year ago and on my last trip by the Wheeling store picked up a nice Henley T-shirt for $3 at there tent sale. I must admit I'm always leery of mail order clothing purchases and much prefer to by cloths where I can try them on. Since I suffer from I genetic defect (I'm bigger than the average bear), I just never know if the 2x tall or the 3x will be the best fit.

Sorry this one purchase didn't go the way you'd have liked it but I'd be hard pressed to say Cabela's sell garbage. If that's the case I'd better go round up the trash 'cause I got a bunch of it!
    Joe Bertolini

Cool Call a Customer Service Rep.

Hay another big guy here, Cabela's always seems to have good cloths that fit. While local stores don't carry the larger sizes all the time. Cabela's has exchanged items for me, I send them back with their return tag and never have I paid extra S/H, Just CALL THEM very friendly and helpful. NEVER A PROBLEM THAT WAS NOT FIXED!!!!!
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

I LOVE Cabelas!!!!

Hey, JC, that's a great tale - did you fish together? (Did he have Cabelas shirts????)

Why is it all the big dudes love Cabela's stuff?

Probably because it's sized true and fits well and lasts. Virtually my entire wardrobe was purchased at Cabela's either through the mail or at the local Hamburg, PA store. Why spend $ 65.00 for a pair of chino pants when you can get them hemmed to fit for $ 19.99?

I've never had an issue with poor quality, if I had I would have quit dealing with them long ago.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

I have several fishing shirts from Cabelas, and it's the only place that I can order an XLT and get an XLT that does not shrink into a LS like the typical store brands do. Pants, jackets, boots, have all served me well. The one time I had a problem with an incorrect item, it was corrected immediately with a phone call, and I had the new one before I could return the wrong one.

Personally, I don't think you gave them a chance to prove themselves to you before coming here and asking us to throw away our catalogs. Hell, I get better service from Cabelas mail order than I do from Wal-Mart in person.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Hey there Andrew , Give Cabela's a call and tell them about your problem, I'm confidant they will fix it. Like the other guys, all the transactions i've had with them, (over 20 - 25 years) have been great. I find all their stuff very good quality.
    Give them a chance to get it right. ..........................ModocDan

lol, ya Gringo, we didn't actually fish together, but Deanna and I did spend some time with him and his pals (corp. atty's) helping them with the double-haul and general casting. Yes, he had on the exact shirt that both my wife and I had. In fact, in exchange for our instruction and help, one of his buddies actually drew up and wrote the contract that we use with all of our sponsors. Nice folks.

Nice story JC - I bet if I had that much time and $$$ my double haul would be a lot better too! Anyway, nice to meet nice people.

Maybe I went off a little half cocked if anyone got the impression I thought all of Cabela's was bad.

My "go to" trout vest is a Cabela's, my one and only pair of breathable waders are from Cabela's along with my wading shoes. I've gotten everything from hooks to snap swivels to slippers and always been pleased.

Clothing, from the bargain catalog... sorry, it was not as advertised. I expected higher quality than what I got. Maybe my expectation was higher because the fishing items I purchased were quality. I was unhappy and I griped.

+ Reply to Thread