Thread: Bad news

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by loufly View Post
    I feel really ashamed of myself right now. I have been wallowing in self-pity for two weeks now because of the type of lymphoma I will have for the rest of my life. After it is treated with radiation, it will come back in 4-6 years. This is my second time around and I was bummed out, but it will not take my thumbs. It will not take your knowledge and love for fly fishing and fly tying. Please do not give up your tying room. Fly fishing is not about winning, but to walk away from this with a victory is something to be proud of. No fight is your own when you are in the hearts of friends and loved ones. Best wishes.
    Where are you getting treatment for your lymphoma? Have you ever heard of M.D. Anderson Medical center in Houston, TX?

I have a friend here in GA that had lymphoma, and he did not like his local options. After conducting research, he got to Anderson and went through tough and extensive treatment. They caught his fairly early and he responded well to treatment, and his long term prognosis is great.

The bottom line is that the expertise and quality of care is not constant throughout the country.
    Last edited by Rawthumb; 05-29-2008 at 03:12 PM.