I work about 15 minutes from the Basspro in Dania. On Tuesdays afterwork I went to their flycasting classes, and still drop by for a tune up when I've developed some new and yet undiscovered way of screwing up my cast. They helped get me started.

Tuesdays and Fridays are the flytying classes where I occassionally drop by to learn something new.

My first two rod & reels were from Basspro, and when I was feeling ready to move-up, they let me return one and sold me my first Orvis.

The staff there has fly fished all over the country, and any time I'm traveling, I can usually walk in and talk to somebody who's fished near where I'm going and can make some recommendations.

I drive a Honda, carry a SIG pistol, am sitting on a sofa made in Denmark, typing on a HP computer that was assembled from Korean and Japanese parts, using a Sony monitor, and getting ready to go early duck hunting with a Beretta shotgun. Why should I care that their rods aren't made in the US?

As to the unfairness of a controlled gator hunt, I understand how someone who hasn't dealt with these scaly rascals might be inclined to see things differently. Tonight at dusk I'll be up to my knees wading in the 'glades....that's more of an uncontrolled hunt...where you wonder if the gator is hunting YOU....

[This message has been edited by bill santner (edited 24 September 2005).]

[This message has been edited by bill santner (edited 24 September 2005).]