My daughter has a serious allergy to fish.

She can eat fish sticks, maybe something in the processing allows that, but any fresh or close to what I'd call normal fish closes her throat and requires a shot. She did a semester in China, and had some trouble because it was hard to tell what was in some of the foods. She survived it.

She is also alergic to the water that fish swim in. Found that out at Sea World when she was little. Splash zone at Shamu, she got a rash...thought it might just be the salt water....took her fishing ,wading in the river, rash everyplace she got wet. Swimming at the lake was also a bad problem. Doctor finally confirmed she's allergic to something the fish leaves in the water. She can still swim in a pool, but she has to stay out of the water at the beach or the lake/river.

She still fishes. We just use a boat or waders or fish from the shoreline. She can't 'touch' her fish, though. I still have to deal with that part. Wouldn't be so bad, but she's pretty good and I spend a lot of time dealing with her catches....

Buddy