Thread: Little Buffalo River, East Fork Shoal Creek

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by joerogrz View Post
    Waders- I am glad you posted that. I did wade upstream from one of the stocking points and I did see the cement weir that you were talking about. Looks like someone got some bags of quick-rete wet and laid them down in a line. So there are browns in there huh? I've only heard of people catching rainbows out of there, so I'll definitely be heading back to that spot.
    They tend to feed more on over cast days and late into the afternoon right as the sun drops below the trees. Look for the directional placed logs and rocks that were put into the stream bed to divert water and force water into certain parts of the stream. Over growth often hides some of the best holes. Always fish the logs. There are many logs that have large dug out shelters under the bank that were intentional. The browns (though few and far between) are usually there. They tend to weather the warmer summer months better. And you'll likely notice the amazing temp difference when you get to the cave spring area- just air temp alone! My best so far was a 15" brown on the little buffalo. I 'll see if I can find the old site info that had all the pictures and diagrams of the stream restoration project. would be handy to have.

Definitely watch out for the snakes. Not just the copperheads a few rattlers and mocs too. They were always thick in there. Regards,
    Waders
    Last edited by waders; 05-14-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling- grammar