+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jack Plotts Has Passed Away

Blog Entries

Default Jack Plotts Has Passed Away

I received an email from Jack's son that he passed away last night in his sleep. Jack had been battling cancer for several years, far longer than the doctors ever expected him to.

These past few weeks he had been sending me photos of some of his foam flies and some lures he had made. At his behest I am posting them for public use on my Flickr page

Jack Plotts Foam Flies Set

I will add to it as I continue to scour for any others he sent me over the years that may be tucked away in files.

I have no details concerning the memorial services. Hopefully someone will be able to update us with any details on the services.

Jack lived up in Illinois and I am here in Texas so we never met face to face. But over these past few years I came to know him via our correspondences. Quite a friendly and caring fellow. I will miss his humor and know how and friendly demeanor.

I received the same email from Mark. I was another lucky one to have been the benefit of Jack's foam flys, instructions and friendship. I was also lucky to fish with him one Winter when he and his wife Kay came to Arkansas for a trip. I also visited in his home a few years ago while traveling through Illinois. Jack was a wonderful person that was always willing and very eager to help anyone get started in making foamies. He was only an email away from answering questions about them and or offering advice. I have like Robin, bags of foam heads and other sundry items that Jack would bag up and send along. He called them his care packages and along with them would be handwritten notes and even hand drawn instructions. Jack was also an artist, but was shy about his paintings. If you didn't know Jack was also a jazz guitarist and had played regularly in small and large bands across the midwest. Just a gem of a guy and one that will be greatly missed. My condolences to Kay and Mark and his grand daughter Emily, to his other extended family members and friends. RIP Jack, catch a big one for me.
    Danoinark

+ Reply to Thread