Thread: Little Buffalo River, East Fork Shoal Creek

Threaded View

That's my Dad in the photo. He'll be 69 in July. He really isn't in the best of shape with back and foot problems and it bothers me when he goes off by himself, but I'm glad he's able to get out still. He has been pushing it this week though, I just hope he doesn't push too hard.

ELHead is right about that place. It is a Wildlife Management Area and the roads aren't much, but it's worth going there just for the scenery. I haven't really spent much time in Laurel Hill WMA except the lakes, but that was several years ago. I've only recently started going there and exploring when I found out about the stocking. With the way states have been selling off public lands, it worries me that it would actually happen here. I'd hate to see places like this fall to commercialization and so on. Maybe TWRA won't let it get that way if they can manage to stick around long enough.

Jack- I may actually make it over there next weekend. I should have a little to spare for gas to put in the motorcycle to make the trip. My car averages 30mpg. My motorcycle averages 70mpg. 250cc's may be small, but 70mpg makes it so much better.
    Last edited by joerogrz; 05-08-2008 at 03:23 AM.
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing~