Good evening.
Who am I.
Well some people think I have no respect for the experts in this life and none for the so called 'experts' in this funny fly fishing thing.

Come to think of it I have no respect for most things that most people think as important.

BECAUSE
when your told, you have a couple of days to be here or gone, then your World changes, within minutes.
The things that you didn't think about that didn't matter, then they are what matters, are the important items in this life.
The dumb things that you thought were important, are now not important.

Well, that just about sums my life up now.

Before all the change and after it.

I was an electrican, a draftsmen, then a self employed electrical contract for about 30years or so,

then a bit sick

then a change had to happen as I couldn't no longer be an electrican.
with this came a big change.

I thought, I like girls
I like girls in lingerie !
why not be a lingerie importer ?
you get to meet nice...nice girls in lingerie, sounds ok to me.
so I become a lingerie importer and meet some nice girls.
And made a few and a few more dollars.

decided I still like flyfishing, ...and girls.
so why not try and give a bit back to fly fishing, after all my years of taking the enjoyment from f/f'ing
so now I own a fly fishing business/company
from there it was to understand, design and have built fly fishing rods, in Doubles and single handers.
and try my hardest to give back to fly fishing a little drop of all the years of enjoyment that I have enjoyed.

and during all this time I have been an investor where I try and make your money mine and keep adding to mine, your money ..which seems ok to me and has feed the family, given my kids cars and junk, given me more rods than 99.9% of people to cast (reads to enjoy).

Now I am told by the big boss here at home, you must stop this, you must do nothing except go fishing and hunting, you must enjoy your remaing years.... just stop this work stuff, you have enough.

BUT
I go fishing almost every night or day of the year, something in excess of 350days a year and all except thunder storm days/evenings and I live within 30 feet of the water....... I am enjoying my life.

THEREFORE
work does not matter as it fills in time and makes a few more, and a few more dollars till 4pm when I go fishing again.

I have caught most fish and now as odd as it seems enjoy, just love helping someone trick and catch a fish, yes a guide, you might say, that doesn't charge a cent, as the reward is all mine, somewhere in my clouded mind.

Kindest regards,
UB
PS, I am 65 in a couple of months, and have been fly fishing for close to 50years now,.heck, I am that old !