+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Direct TV/ Outdoor Channel

Hybrid View

dish has it
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

arend003,

Like you, I have Direct TV, and I wanted the Outdoor Channel. It is offered in a package deal that I did not want. The package would tag on several dollars per month and I was not interested in watching the football, baseball, racing, etc. that the package offered. One night I typed Outdoor Channel in the search window so that I could see their program schedules to see if maybe I should go for the package that Direct TV was offering. I found the following statement on their web site and I done exactly what it said to do and now I have the Outdoor Channel for a cost of $2.99 per month.

DIRECTV Customers

Outdoor Channel is available nationwide on DIRECTV. There are two ways to order:
    • You can add Outdoor Channel to any existing program package for $2.99 per month. You will need to specifically request Outdoor Channel "a la carte" for $2.99 a month by calling 1-800-494-4388 and speaking to a representative.
    • It is included at no extra charge in the Pack on channel 606.
    www.DIRECTV.com
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I used to have DirecTV and you indeed can order the Outdoor Channel by itself without the "package" of other channels. It's a couple bucks per month.
    I've since went back to digital cable and have the Outdoor Channel as well as Versus and a couple of other outdoor channels, all in the digital package.
    Mark 1:17

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinG View Post
    I used to have DirecTV and you indeed can order the Outdoor Channel by itself without the "package" of other channels. It's a couple bucks per month.
    I've since went back to digital cable and have the Outdoor Channel as well as Versus and a couple of other outdoor channels, all in the digital package.
    I used to have DTV for 12 years until I figured out they were charging me for service they did not and could not deliver. Now we are in a custody battle over my money and their reciever. Never again.

Kerry,
    Thanks for the info!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread