Thread: Saving and Spending....

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

joerogrz, I understand you pain . it seems like everywhere in this hobby, people have unlimited funds for everything imaginable. I have three kids a wife who just graduated from college and a low paying job. (it was worth working for the benefits) But things are looking up for me. as the song says my futures so bright I have to wear shades. I will never be at the point that I can just buy a high end rod with out thinking and saving for it. Will be at the point soon where a new fly line wont kill my fishing budget for three months.

All of the tying materials. rods, reels, lines, hooks etc. are nice, however a person with a 9 foot six weight medium fast rod, a floating line and a hand full of buggers nymphs and soft hackles can catch 90% of the fish in the good old 48 states and most of Canada, and can enjoy fly fishing as a life time hobby. Above and beyond this is extras, not necessity, buy the extras as you can afford it. If your choice is a couple of gallons of gas to get to the water for a days fishing or some new tying material. buy the gas and get some water time. time practicing casting and time fishing are where the long term payoff will come for you.

Just my thoughts

Eric
    Last edited by Eric-WD; 04-19-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fogot to chk spelllling