Without holding the actual feather in my hand I can not be sure if it has been doctored or not.

It appears as if it is from one of several shades of Gold Badger.
It also appears to be what we tiers call "spade feathers" which all chickens have naturally. Actually they are scapular feathers. They have not "bred out" just removed and packaged seperately by most breeders or shops, packaged and sold. We here at the Ranch leave them on the skin. The cut line happens to run right through the center of the patch of spades. If you buy either saddles or capes of dry fly roosters from us, you will get the spades for free. (I'm too lazy to pluck and package, plus I have a thing about ripping off the tier.) I strongly feel if you buy a skin that you should get all of the feathers that nature gave the bird.

The width of the center black stripe is not exactly the same on the Badger families. Some are very narrow, some much wider. If a tier requests a very thin black center I will try and match the tiers desire.

The feather we are talking about differs in size from very small to quite large.
They are located from the humerous (sic) first large joint below shoulder joint, up across the back, between the cape and saddle feathers, down to the same spot of the other wing.
I have been known to sell a pair of wings now and then to those wanting the very small spades. Not often though.

Hope this helps

Denny