+ Reply to Thread

Thread: another day in omaha

Default another day in omaha

I went out today to try to catch a few panfish. (hopefully the crappie had started spawning) I visited 2 of the local city lakes here in omaha, and found them both to be a bit cloudier than I would have liked. Also the crappie were a bit less cooperative than I had hoped for.

end result...

4 goldfish

all 4 were around 6-7 inches long. I had never heard of anyone catching goldfish, but they seemed to like a size 12 squirrel nymph just fine. I'll post a picture of one as soon as I can figure out how to get it off of my phone.
    Last edited by hugefish_80; 04-05-2008 at 11:19 PM.
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

Wherspann? Zorinsky? Walnut Creek? Mind elaborating?

I saw a couple of goldfish, and I think they hit, but I never got a hookset. . . .
    Don Rolfson

Default goldfish...

you mean theres more than one lake in town that has goldfish in it? seriously, I never even knew that this one have the wee buggers in it.

Heraclitus

Goldfish are one of the baits of choice for a few of the Catfishermen in town. Some of them are even nice enough to dump their extra bait in the lake when they are done and leaving. It makes for a bit of a diverse fish base, but sure messes up the plans of the NGPC!!

It's all fun though. . . . .
    Don Rolfson

Default goldfish...

It was at wherspann. for some odd reason my phone won't send the pic to my email, but if I ever figure out how to get it done I'll post to here. silly thing was as long as the foregrip.

Heraclitus

+ Reply to Thread