Thread: Fishing Fools - embarassing/funny stories

Threaded View

Default My funny story

This past summer a close cousin who recently moved to florida decided to spend the summer back here in central Mass. he and his wife rented a home on Cramberry lake. He asked me if i wanted to join him for a little bass fishing. we left his place in a small row boat belonging to his step son that had a electric motor. The boat had been altered by adding two seats screwed to the center and rear original seats. These were a little loose and I felt a little uncomfortable, but what the heck. We went to the other side of the lake, which is realy a small man made pond that is suppost to have some good size bass. I hooked onto one and as i set the hook the seat came loose and i fell over backwards, when i got up i pulled onthe seat until it came free and put it in the front of the boat. After a few cast he hooked a small bass about 6" and he said "this looks like about a 3 pounder." we laughted about it after a short while desided to go to another section close to his place. This time he hooked a good size fish, he was not a lucky as me, when he set the hook his seat broke and he landed in the water. As I laughted I noticed he was slow comming up. I scrambled to help him in the boat. It must have been a sight to see two older men fighting to get into the boat. shortly after he was in he said "I lost my Glasses". A young lady got into her boat and passed us. She stopped a short distance away and started taking pictures. I joking asked her if she saw the dive. when i heard a voice from the shore call "Do it again I missed it the first time". We went back to his place and had some hot dogs and beer for the rest of the afternoon.
    Two week later at a family gathering his daughter came up to me and asked I planned to do any more fishing at Cramberry lake. Her suggestion was that next time we should take scuba gear. AFter a while everyone heard the story and was laughing at the two great fishmen. I do not think we will be bass fishing when he returns this summer.

TonyC
    Last edited by TonyC.; 02-19-2008 at 04:28 PM.