+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions on Shipping flies?

Question Suggestions on Shipping flies?

First off, I wanna thank everyone for finally giving me a place to find some awesome info on fly tying. I'm a fairly new tyer and am currently designing a website to sell flies. I will be starting my freshmen year in college next year so im lookin for a little extra income for me and the wifey......I'm gonna be broke at 19...it gets better right?

Anyways, onto the question. I'm looking into possible shipping solutions. Could anyone point me in a direction to look for possible shipping containers so the flies will not be crushed during transit?

Thanks so much! I will be posting the link to the website later in the week when it's finished.
    ~RockinB

Normand Guest

check out these small cardboard boxes

http://www.tedpella.com/box_html/boxes.htm

these clamshell boxes are even better

http://www.clamshell-packaging.com/s...lamshells.html

i did a google search for "small plastic clamshell boxes" and provide the following link. u will have to search the results and pick out one that suits you best

http://www.google.com/search?q=small...ient=firefox-a
    Last edited by Normand; 02-12-2008 at 10:11 AM.

RockinB,

CostCo sells little 'condiment cups', small plastic containers and they also sell lids that go with them. You can get, I think 2500 cups for around $20. The lids run a bit less. You see these in the fly shops for customers to put their flies in, and one cup will hold a dozen size 10 wooly buggers, several dozen size 14 dries.

For shipping, the United States Postal Service will give you, for free, no charge, shipped direct to you for no moneey (did I mention that it's 'free') priority shipping boxes in several useful sizes. You can order them from the USPS web site.

Some old newspapers for padding, and you are set to ship anywhere in the country for the current flat rate fee of $4.90. Charge $5.50 for shipping, and it will cover the cost of the shipping and the little plastic cups/lids.

Don't make this hard...

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

You could always look for a source of cheap fly boxes and sell batches of flies with a free flybox, it might increase the numbers of flies you sell to each customer cos we all like free stuff and everyone needs more fly boxes right.

6. Default

I would probably use those shuttle cups and then buy bubble wrap in bulk and use that.

COSTCO is your best bet, they sell in BULK

Default Suggestions on shipping flies?

Being a user of chewing tobacco, I save the empty containers. If you don't use the stuff, but know someone that does ask them to save the empties.
    They are plastic nowadays, and quite durable.

+ Reply to Thread