+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam is one thing, but...(definitely not FF)

Default Spam is one thing, but...(definitely not FF)

Joe V, I din't want to tromp around in a thread I saw you post something ... and I can understand about eating spam, but please say it's not so that actually go out to eat cloth dinner napkins...spam, ok, cloth...well, that's over the edge amigo !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

MM,

SPAM can be elegant if one prepares one's table with one's best china and silverware. It's not WHAT you serve, but HOW you serve it. Presentation is the key, like this fresh Canadian King Spalmon:

Joe

P.S. Please don't wipe your mouth on the edge of the table cloth. Use the napkin.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

If this belongs anywhere it might be here. A optomitrist (eye guy) who made my glasses in Montana went to dinner with us. Nice steak house, 3 piece eatin' irons, cloth napkin, cocktails. I think he got a head start on the latter and when we arrived he was seated. Deeply seated in fact. Our dinners were ordered, steak, baked potato, vegie.
    I noticed the he seemed to enjoy his foil-wrapped tater with above average glee. By this I mean, he was eating the foil along with the potato. I vocalized my observation and was rebuffed as being old fashioned and out of things. He did consume all of his stake as well as his foil potatoes. In later mentions of this he always swore hif full intention to dine as he had. Otherwise, he seemed plumb normal.

Well, JC, after living in the panhandle of that state for 16 years, I can MORE than believe your story! Don't know, WHY it is, but in Idaho they'll eat ANYTHING and of course, solid proof to that claim is the the fact they not only enjoy "Reynold's Wrap Tater Surprise", but will also consume SPAM without flinching.
    However, unlike "certain unamed folks from our country's midsection", even the residents of Idaho in their toughest times, won't play with their SPAM and bother shaping it into small fish and animals.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Oh boy...

Spalmon...Joe, Joe, Joe... that's it...I got no comeback !

JC, could you have presumed 'baked potato wraped in foil' when in fact you were looking at 'Baked AlumiLaska' ?

flyb, but they don't actually eat it do they?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

I would most gladly mold my Spam into the shape of a baseball......then I'd "pitch" it!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I've seen Spam around a lot over the years, and I have to admit, I never ever knew it was food of some kind.

Moosie,,, I think that he was pretty well 'oiled' had something to do with his fondness for aluminum foil. For sure it was a 'tater'...

Gringo,
    It's NOT!!! Just give it a good squeeze & VOILA!...WD40....
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

MontanaMoose asks:
    "flyb, but they don't actually eat it do they?"

Yes, M-Moose, sad to have to tell you, my friend, but in certain parts of the world........... people actually DO "EAT SPAM".
    Of course, they won't ADMIT IT, but even THEY won't eat it, unless they can fool their minds into thinking it's something else. So, they shape it into things like little Salmon and will even cut it into slices, pretending it's "REAL meat".
    Although, SPAM has its uses..............auto sheet metal repair, when applied then covered with a layer of Bondo. Its also long been very popular for Sheet Rock- hole patching.
    When left in the sun for more than 27 minutes it can also be used to repair oak flooring.
    Sliced, thinly enough, it is often sewn between layers of Kevlar in the manufacture of bullet proof vests.
    Mariners, love SPAM, because not even BARNACLES will touch the stuff, so they'll hang chunks off the sides of ships to keep hulls cleaner. (Sharks, also being highly intelligent, have been seen actually fleeing from pieces of SPAM in terror,so the US Navy is presently testing SPAM in wet suit construction)
    Thankfully, MontanaMoose, we're pretty safe from the harmful effects of SPAM, here in America. You just, don't, see it around the United States all that often! Usually, it's in 3rd. World Countries, like........... Istanbul, Tibet,Uganda and N.E.Ohio.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread