I dont mean to be rude here, but how many times does a guy or gal choose sage over anything else because it says SAGE. This SAGE following is a little strange. I know quite a few guys that fish SAGE and they say yeah its great because when you break um, you just sent um back. Great! NOT! It seems to me that SAGE break to easy and too often. I dont think their as great as every one makes them out to be. I think your buying a name vs. just having a good rod. The two rods you chose have completely different actions, so i think its hard to compare. A also think the made in usa is overrated as well. Dont rule a company out just because its blanks are imported. There are many great rod building companies oversees as well, Like Sierra and Loop. I ts seems funny when guys say that their rod is made in the usa, and the reel on the rod is made in korea, and their flies are tied over seas because they bought them in a combo pack. If people truely want made in the usa they will build the rod, ty their flies, buy abel reels, beacause even the smallest component in abel reels are made in house and so on. Just buy good equipment and enjoy it! GOOD FISHING!!! Don't get caught up in name brands!!!!!!