First...A big welcome to FAOL. You have come to the right place, so, pull up a chair and stay awhile. I know where you are coming from...I was a tournament bass fisherman for 30 years before I just got tired of fighting jet skis, skiers, houseboats, drunks, etc. All of a sudden fishing was not fun anymore. Sold the bass boat and let someone talk me into getting a fly rod and going to the rivers. Boy, have I been missing a lot of fun!! You are going to love fly fishing! Oh, by the way, I have been teaching a Beginner's Fly Tying class now for about 9 years and love it too! Make sure to bring your "line watching" skills and "sensitivity feel" that you used for your bass fishing with you in fly fishing. Those 2 skills will really help you with fly fishing. I only wish I had started fly fishing 30 years ago instead of 14 years ago. You are going to love fly tying too. Either rod you have chosen will be good. I do need to warn you, since you are just starting fly fishing, this will not be the last rod you purchase!! There will be more as your skills grow.

Welcome to the best fly fishing site on the web. Ask any questions that come up.